In order to allow creating Paypal Subscriptions, you will need the following:
- To allow new clients to place an order from signup and use Paypal Subscriptions:
- Go to Settings > Plugins > Payment Processors > Paypal and set there:
- In Signup: Yes
- Paypal Subscriptions Option In Signup: Use Subscriptions
- Additionally, to allow manually created clients to use Paypal Subscriptions:
- Go to the client profile and then click his Billing tab. Set there:
- Payment Type: Paypal
- Use Subscription: Yes
- Go to the client profile and then click his Recurring tab. Set there:
- If creating a new recurring fee, set:
- Billing Cycle: Do not select anything greater than 2 years. It is probably that Paypal Subscriptions
do not support billing cycles greater than 2 years so please avoid them.
- Duration in months: Avoid using this option if you are planing to use Paypal Subscriptions. The subscription will be unlimited until manually cancelled either by you, your client, or Paypal if lack of funds, etc.
- Subscription: Subscription
- If editing an existing recurring fee, you can see the following fields:
- No subscription: If you do not want the recurring fee to be taken in count to create a Paypal Subscription
- Subscription: If you want the recurring fee to try to create a Paypal Subscription when the client pays his next invoice related to the recurring fee. Please take in count the Paypal Subscription will be only created if the client pays the invoice on time. If the invoice is overdue and the client pays it, there will be no Paypal Subscription created to avoid having a Paypal Subscription sending overdue payments. If that is the case, then the next invoice generated will try to create the Paypal Subscription. This will continue this way until the client finally pays on time, and then the Paypal Subscription will continue taking care of the rest of the payments, until the Paypal Subscription gets cancelled. In the client Recurring tab grid you can identify the ones using this value with a * next to them. The legend bellow the grid says: * Next invoice will create a subscription with the third party billing processor
- Subscription ID: The id of the Paypal Subscription. This is returned by Paypal when sends notifications about the transactions of the Paypal Subscription. It is automatically filled when the recurring fee successfully creates a Paypal Subscription. This field will be displayed only if the recurring fee is already in use by a Paypal Subscription. In the client Recurring tab grid you can identify the ones that already have a Paypal Subscription with a ** next to them. The legend bellow the grid says: ** Subscription is active.
Posting has been disabled.